- 4 8-ball zucchini
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 1 ¼ cup cooked brown rice
- 2 Tbsp. slivered almonds
- 1 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 5 Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- Cut zucchini tops off about ¾ inch from the top. Scoop out insides, leaving a wall ¼ inch on all sides. Steam zucchini and tops for 8 minuets, until slightly softened.
- Rehydrate sun-dried tomatoes by soaking in hot water until softened. Remove from water and chop. Reserve soaking liquid.
- Chop the zucchini pulp. Heat a non-stick skillet over med-high heat, and sauté garlic for about 1 minute. Add zucchini pulp and cook for 2 more minutes. Add tomatoes, brown rice, almonds, and a splash of tomato water if it seems dry. Add basil, olives, salt and pepper to taste. Cook until warm, 3 min.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Stuff the rice mixture into the zucchini, mounding slightly on top. Place in a lightly greased, uncovered baking dish and bake 20 min. Serve hot, covered with tops.
Variation: Add 2-3 tsp. white miso to the cooking mixture for a more savory flavor.
Brought to you by