- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 small ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (Trader Joe’s light, canned)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3 cups diced strawberries
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tsp. lime or lemon juice
- 5 tsp. chia seeds
- 3 tsp. corn starch
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Put the ingredients for the strawberry filling in a saucepan, mix well, and then bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and let simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine all ingredients for the dough in a bowl by either using your hands or a hand mixer.
- Press 2/3 of the dough evenly into a lightly greased baking dish, 11×7 in.
- Pour strawberry filling over the dough layer.
- Crumble the remaining 1/3 dough on top of the strawberry layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until lightly browned on top.
You may use slightly less maple syrup in the dough, but increase the coconut milk to make the total liquid equal to 1/2 cup.
You may also decrease the maple syrup in the strawberry layer, depending on the sweetness of the strawberries. Taste as you go.