- 6 large Russet potatoes
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced small
- 1 red bell pepper, diced small
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 2 tsp. ancho chile powder
- One 10-ounce package frozen corn
- One 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp. sea salt, more or less to taste
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- One 12-ounce package extra firm silken tofu, drained
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Rinse and scrub the potatoes. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour. Let cool.
Sauté the onions and red pepper in a large skillet 7 to 8 minutes until the onions start to brown. Add water 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time to keep the vegetable from sticking. Add the jalapeno peppers, garlic, cumin, and chile powder, and sauté another minute. Add the corn, black beans, sea salt and cilantro.
Puree the silken tofu in a food processor or blender. Add the tofu to the vegetable mixture and mix well.
When the potatoes are cool, slice in half lengthwise, and scoop out the inside, leaving a ¼-inch wide rim. Divide the filling evenly between the potato halves and bake for 30 minutes.