1 small seedless watermelon – cut into cubes
1 cantaloupe – cut into cubes
1 pineapple – cut into cubes
2 peaches – cut into wedges
Balsamic vinegar – to drizzle over the top
2 Tbsp. fresh basil or mint- chopped
- Fire up the grill, and let it get hot. Clean the grates and lightly oil with a paper towel wrapped around a pair of tongs.
- Cut up all of the fruit. You will not need the entire watermelon, cantaloupe, or pineapple. Either cut it all up and store the rest or cut up about half of everything. To make eight skewers, you will use about a quarter watermelon and cantaloupe and about half of a pineapple.
- Load up the skewers with the cut up fruit.
- Once the grill is ready, place the skewers on it. Grill for about 3-4 minutes on each side. The fruit should start to brown and soften but not get too mushy. Remove from the grill once finished.
- To turn the kabobs into a salad, let the fruit cool, and then place it all in a large serving dish. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar (I recommend Navidi’s, available in downtown Bend), and top the salad with chopped fresh basil or mint. Enjoy!
Source: Real Simple Good