Yield: 1-¼ cups pate and 2 rolls
Ingredients for pate:
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, soaked 2 hours or more
- 1 tsp ginger powder OR 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (or low sodium soy sauce or tamari)
Juice of half a lemon
- 2/3 cup water
Combine the first four ingredients in a food processor and mix well. Scrape the sides of the bowl, run the motor, and add the water until the pate reaches the consistency you like. Depending on how long you soaked the seeds, you may need less water or more than 2/3 cup.
Ingredients for rolls:
- 2 sheets nori (seaweed wraps)
- 4 large romaine leaves (or more)
- 1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 shredded carrot
- 1 small gala, fuji, or pink lady apple, julienned
Cut the vein out of the romaine leaves. Layer about 2-3 tbsp of the pate along the bottom third of the nori sheet. Place the romaine on top, and then pile it high with half of the veggies and apple. Roll the sheet up from the bottom, seal edges with water, and repeat with the other nori sheet. If you don’t have/don’t like nori, use extra romaine leaves for the wrap. Voila!