Yield: 7 cups
- 1.5 pounds tomatoes (approx 6 small), roughly chopped & core removed
- 1 medium red pepper, roughly chopped & seeds removed
- 1 cucumber (1lb.), peeled & roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion (suggest white or red)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable cocktail or tomato juice
- 1/4-3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, to taste
- Red pepper flakes & Freshly ground black pepper, to taste (about 1/2 tsp each)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Parsley (optional)
- 1.5-3 tablespoons red wine vinegar, to taste
- Add tomatoes, pepper, cucumber, onion, garlic clove, lime juice, and vegetable cocktail (or tomato juice) into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Now add the rest of the seasonings (salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, parsley, vinegar) slowly and adjust to taste.
- Chill for 2-4 hours, or overnight.
- Garnish with chopped peppers, green onion, and black pepper, just before serving.
Notes: If your blender is small, you might have to cut this batch in half so it won’t overflow. Or, use an immersion blender for a chunkier soup. Try topping with chopped fresh, peeled peaches, chopped apricots, and/or chopped plums for a sweeter flavor.