- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 3/4 cups water
- ¼ cup apple or orange juice (or more water)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped raw pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, raisins or cherries
- 1- 2 fresh peaches (pitted, peeling is optional) unsweetened plant milk (soy, almond, hemp, etc.)
- To cook the quinoa, place quinoa, water and juice in a medium saucepan. Dice ½ to 1 of the peaches into small pieces and add to saucepan with cinnamon, and almond extract. Cover and place on the stovetop over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, add maple syrup and fluff the cooked quinoa with a fork.
- Refrigerate until chilled. Before serving, fold in pecans, cranberries and remaining fresh peaches, pitted and cut into pieces. Place in a bowl and top with a splash of plant milk.